#AliSadpara: Search operation for continues amid prayers

Lahore, 7th February: A search operation by Pakistan Army continues for the mountain climber Muhammad Ali Sadpara and his team who set out to marl the winter ascent of world second-largest peak, K-2.

Baaghi TV: According to reports, a search operation for the Pakistani mountaineer Ali Sadpara and his two other companions is underway today, a day after Pakistan Army helicopters returned without finding the climbers.

As per reports, Sadpara and two other mountaineers John Snorri from Iceland and Juan Pablo Mohr from Chile had gone missing on Saturday after which a search operation to recover them was set in motion.

Saturday afternoon the helicopters flew to a height of 7,000 metres in their attempt to locate the missing mountaineers but were unable to find any clue to their whereabouts.

Two days ago it was reported that Sadpara and his team had successfully summited the 8,611-metre K-2 late Friday, a month after their first attempt failed.

However, their support teams had cautioned that the climbers’ status is still unclear and there has been no communication from their end.

As per reports from Geo News, Waqas Johar, Assistant Commissioner Shigar, Gilgit-Baltistan, confirmed on Saturday afternoon that there has been no success in finding the missing mountaineers so far and that weather conditions are not good at K2.

Waqas further tweeted, “Sajjid Sadpara has reached k2 Camp 1.”

He said that Ali’s son, Sajid Sadpara, who had been waiting at Camp 2 has now begun to descend. He said that Sajid has reached Camp 1.

Baaghi TV reported earlier that Sadpara, Snorri and Mohr departed for their journey late on Wednesday, and asked fans and admirers to ‘keep us in your prayers.

On Friday they had started their attempt for the final summit hoping to accomplish the impossible mission by Friday afternoon.

According to updates posted on Snorri’s Facebook account on Friday, at 12:29 pm, the GPS stopped working and had not updated in six hours.

It stated that Ali Sadpara’s son Sajid had to return to the base camp as his oxygen regulator was not working.

The account said, “They were at a bottleneck at around 10 am.”

The account by Sajid Sadpara stated, “everyone was fine otherwise and going at a good pace until he had been with them.”

Ali Sadpara Trending on Twitter:

Now with no reports of the whereabouts, no contact with the mountaineers, and rescue teams returning empty-handed, fans and well-wishers are praying for their safe return on the micro-blogging website Twitter:

Energy Minister Omar Ayub Khan and the official account of the government of Pakistan tweeted for his safe return.

Team of Baaghi TV also prays for the safe return of the climbers.

Stay tuned to Baaghi TV for further updates!

Pakistani mountaineer Sadpara missing along with his companions


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.