All exams to take place as per new schedule: Shafqat Mahmood

Lahore, 18th April: Government has announced that academic activities for classes 9 till 12 will resume amid the third wave of coronavirus pandemic in Pakistan.

According to reports, Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood announced on Sunday that the classes 9th to 12th will resume in order to prepare for their upcoming board exams.

The decision was announced in a press conference today after he chaired a meeting of all health and education ministers from four provinces, Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir who were present in the meeting.”

Mahmood announced, “The examinations for 9th to 12th classes will be held as per the new schedule and no exam will begin before the last week of May.”

Shafqat Mahmood shared the announcement on his Twitter account, adding that admissions in the universities would also be ensured keeping in view the fresh intermediate examination schedule.

He said, “Universities in affected districts will continue online while in districts with less than 8% positivity they will continue to function.”

He also said that the examinations for A-Level, AS-Level, and O-level, and IGCSE would be held on the announced dates and there would be no delay or cancellation process.

He tweeted, “Meeting was also informed that Cambridge has decided not to give teacher assessed grades this year, therefore, those not taking exams will take them in the next cycle Oct/Nov. Cambridge also assured that all SOPs will be strictly followed.”

Baaghi TV reported earlier that the minister had announced that the classes between one to eight would remain closed amid rising coronavirus cases in Pakistan.

Stay tuned to Baaghi TV to read all the latest news!

Schools will remain closed till Eid from 1st Upto 8th grade

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.