The National Selection Panel (NSP) has named an 18-player squad Test squad for the Qantas tour of Pakistan. Australia will tour Pakistan for the first time since 1998 for three Test matches, three One-Day Internationals and one T20 International.
According to details, the Test playing contingent and staff are due to depart for Pakistan later this month while white ball players, to be announced separately, will join mid-tour for the One-Day Internationals and T20 International.
Australian men’s squad for the Qantas tour of Pakistan:
- Pat Cummins (NSW/Penrith Cricket Club) (c)
- Ashton Agar (WA/University Cricket Club)
- Scott Boland (VIC/Frankston Peninsula Cricket Club)
- Alex Carey (SA/Glenelg Cricket Club)
- Cameron Green (WA/Subiaco-Floreat Cricket Club)
- Marcus Harris (VIC/St Kilda Cricket Club)
- Josh Hazlewood (NSW/St George Cricket Club)
- Travis Head (SA/Tea Tree Gully Cricket Club)
- Josh Inglis (WA/Joondalup Cricket Club)
- Usman Khawaja (QLD/Valley District Cricket Club)
- Marnus Labuschagne (QLD/Redlands Cricket Club)
- Nathan Lyon (NSW/Northern District Cricket Club)
- Mitchell Marsh (WA/Fremantle Cricket Club)
- Michael Neser (QLD/Gold Coast District Cricket Club)
- Steve Smith (NSW/Sutherland Cricket Club) (vc)
- Mitchell Starc (NSW/Manly Warringah Cricket Club)
- Mitchell Swepson (QLD/Sandgate-Redcliffe District Cricket Club)
- David Warner (NSW/Randwick Petersham Cricket Club)
George Bailey, NSP Chair, said: “This squad covers for all scenarios including the conditions given it has been such a long time since Australia was last in Pakistan.
“With several subcontinent tours and a one-day World Cup in India on the near horizon this is a great first up challenge for the group after the successful home Ashes Series. It’s also a very historic tour given the length of time since an Australian side last toured Pakistan.”
Stay tuned to Baaghi TV for latest news and updates!