According to US space command officials, the debris of the Chinese rocket Long March 5B “re-entered over the Indian Ocean” on Saturday.
“We refer you to the PRC for further details on the reentry’s technical aspects such as potential debris dispersal+ impact location,” the US space command said on its Twitter handle.
NASA administrator Bill Nelson criticised China for not sharing “established best practices”. Nelson said sharing information would ensure “potential debris impact risk, especially for heavy-lift vehicles, like the Long March 5B, which carry a significant risk of loss of life and property.”
China has been reinforcing its Tiangong station as part of its ambitious space programme. The Long March 5B rocket had blasted off last week to deliver a laboratory module to the Chinese space station.