Baaghi Tv Special (28th Oct, 2019): Darbar sahib Kartarpur is located 4.5 kms from International boundary with India, District Narowal, Punjab, Pakistan. It is one of the holiest place for Sikhs where Baba Guru Nanak Dev Ji settled and preached for last 18 years of his life and is his last resting place also.
– Ground breaking ceremony inauguration of Kartarpur Sahib Rahadari project was done by PM on 28 November, 2018 with resolve to open the corridor for all Nanak naamleva irrespective of their religion on 550th Birth anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak Dev Ji on 12th November 2019.
MoU signed on 24th October 2019 while inauguration is planned on 9 November by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
– While designing the architectural and structural layout of Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur exhaustive coordination and informed consensus has been made, keeping in view religious and cultural sensitivities of Sikh religion and community.
– The project is spread over 825 acres of land and includes:-
Construction of 7 km long access road from International boundary to border terminal.
800m bridge over realigned River Ravi.
Remodeling and expansion of Gurdwara Complex over an area of 350 acres with provision of additional facilities to cater for increased number of sikh pilgrims.
Border terminal building for facilitation of Sikh pilgrims spread over an area of 14 acres.
3 kms of flood protection bunds and
262 m bridge at zero point over Budhi Ravi creek.
A 52,000 squre ft covered area purpose made building to cater for speedy facilitation of pilgrims is being constructed. It has 80 counters with facility for additional 50 counters to cater for additional need during some special days.
Sikh Pilgrims will have a choice to visit Gurdwara on foot or on transport provided by Government of Pakistan.
PTI led Government has acquired over 400 acres land for the construction of Gurdwara Complex. Master plan of the Gurdwara Complex has been made keeping in view the present and future requirements of Sikh Pilgrims.
A flood protection is also being constructed around Gurdwara to protect it from floods.
150 acres of land is kept for Gurdwara residential area or rest houses and allied facilities whereas rest is kept for future residential and other needs.
– In phase 1, main Gurdwara complex is extended 10 times from 4 to 42 acres including:-.
10 acres (660 ft x 660 ft) of courtyard around existing main old Gurdwara building.
150,000 squre ft of Baradari around the Gurdwara is being constructed having darshan deories, sarovar, devan asthan, amenities and 20 dormitories to host more than 650 Sikh visiting pilgrims.
– A purpose built Langar hall over 28,200 sft with capacity of serving over 2500 pilgrims at one time.
– An elaborate Mehmaan Khana or guest house over 115,900 sft area is being constructed having 20 dormitories and 40 family rooms with all facilities to host over 750 pilgrims intending night stay at Kartarpur.
– 26 acres land with additional 36 acres is designated as Kheti sahib where cultivation of crops on the land tilled by Guru Nanak will be done and served in Langar khana of Gurdwara for the visiting pilgrims all over the world.
– During Phase 2, futuristic expansions will be carried out as per requirement and to host more than 10,000 pilgrims per day.
– A dedicated tent village is being constructed to host and facilitate around 10,000 pilgrims during 550th birth anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak in November 2019.
Stay tuned to Baaghi TV for more updates.