15th January, 2021: There are several Indian Indian Americans in Team Biden. President-Elect Joe Biden had run the election with a Vice-Presidential Candidate of Indian origin. Kamala Harris is set to be the first Vice-President of the United States to have an Indian origin. It has been expected that the government about to be formed will include a good number of non-resident Indians (NRIs).
For the first time ever in the political history of the country, 12 Indian Americans will be a part of President-elect Biden’s cabinet. The Indians set to make the cabinet are as follows:
Indian Americans in Team Biden:
- Neera Tanden will be overseeing the budget for various federal agencies as Director of the White House Office of Management and Budget.
- Dr. Vivek Murthy is named as the US Surgeon General
- Vanita Gupta, Associate Attorney General. Alumnus of New York University School of Law.
- Aisha Shah, White House Office of Digital Strategy
- Gautam Raghavan, Deputy Director in Office of Presidential Personnel. Born in India and raised in Seattle.
- Bharat Ramamurti, Deputy Director of National Economic Council. A resident of Boston, he is a distinguished alumnus of Harvard College and Yale School of Law.
- Vinay Reddy, Director of Speechwriting. He was raised in Dayton, Ohio.
- Tarun Chhabra from Tennessee will be sworn in as Senior Director for Technology and National Security. An eminent alumnus of Oxford University, Harvard University and Stanford University.
- Sumona Guha from Maryland will be serving as Senior Director for South Asia at the National Security Council.
- Sabrina Singh will serve as a Deputy Press Secretary
- Vedant Patel will be an Assistant Press Secretary. Gujarat born and California based.
- Shanthi Kalathil, Coordinator for Democracy and Human Rights. An Indian-origin Californian, Shanthi graduated from UC Berkeley and the London School of Economics.
Stay tuned to Baaghi TV for latest news and updates!