Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) also came out to play its role in the fight against the coronavirus (COVID-19) spread in the country.
The board has announced that centrally contracted players will donate a total of Rs 5 million. While the general manager and senior staff will pay 2 days’ salary out of their monthly salary.
According to the PCB, employees up to the rank of senior manager will pay one-day salary in the fund.
PCB Chairman Ehsan Mani says the we stand with the government in every difficult time.
Hope that cricketers and employees of PCB will be making donations on their own, he added. In difficult times we all have to fight the epidemic, he further added.
The cricket board will collect all donations and donate in the government emergency fund to fight the coronavirus. Remember that World Health Organization (WHO) has declared COVID-19 a global outbreak.
Furthermore, chairman PCB added that the success of a nation is determined by its unity in adversity and hardships.
PCB Advisory for Health:
- Wash hands regularly with soap or alcohol sanitizer before/after sneezing and coughing, before/after meals and after using the toilet.
- Use a tissue paper or handkerchief when sneezing
- Throw it in the trash immediately after using a tissue paper or handkerchief
- Avoid hugging or shaking hands
- Avoid coughing or sneezing in public
It is to be remembered that coronavirus has affected more than 182 countries worldwide, with the death toll of 20,000 people globally. According to the reports of Baaghi TV, the number of coronavirus patients in Pakistan has increased to 1,102.