Washington, Oct 12: Pentagon said Friday it has approved the deployment of 3,000 additional military troops to Saudi Arabia.
US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper authorized the deployment of two more Patriot missile batteries, one THAAD ballistic missile interception system, two fighter squadrons and one air expeditionary wing, the Pentagon said in a statement.
“Secretary Esper informed Saudi Crown Prince and Minister of Defense Mohammed bin Salman this morning of the additional troop deployment to assure and enhance the defense of Saudi Arabia,” Pentagon said in a statement.
“Taken together with other deployments this constitutes an additional 3,000 forces that have been extended or authorized within the last month,” they said in a statement.
Stay tuned to Baaghi TV for more updates.