Former MD PIA, Aijaz Haroon, in their exclusive letter sent to Baaghi TV for President of Pakistan, expressed their deepest concerns and dissatisfaction on the performance of the government in the provision of basic necessities.
In his letter, Aijaz Haroon quoted several instances of the tax payer’s return to the government while relating to the poor and insufficient delivery of services, necessities and facilities to the citizens.
Cabinet Ministers and the hundreds of other assorted
Sir, I write on behalf of the Professionals & Businessmen of Pakistan .
We are not defrauding taxes. We are trying to save Taxes to get the bare basics for our families
1. We buy Generators/Inverter/UPS/solar systems because the Govt. has failed to provide a reliable power supply.
2. We install our own clean water systems because the Govt. has failed to provide safe drinking Water.
3. We hire security guards and use CCTV because the Govt. has failed to ensure our safety (The politicians and their hangers on travel with armed escorts with our money)
4. We send our children to Private Schools because the Govt has failed to provide good schools (The school fees of the politicians’ and officials’ children are sponsored by obliging businessmen)
5. We go to private hospitals because the Govt. has failed to provide decent medical care. (The President’s fund pays the full bill for Govt Ministers and their cronies to go to Singapore for treatment )
6. We buy and maintain cars because the Govt. has failed to provide decent public transportation.
What does the Tax Payer get in return on retirement, when he needs it most to survive ?
Nothing! Not even social security. His own EPF and ETF too is embezzled by the Govt.
Throughout his lifetime, his earnings are used by the Government to give subsidies to the masses for buying votes.
What else does the govt do with our tax money?
-Set up courts which give judgements as asked by the Govt.
-Operate police stations which work mainly for politicians
-Operate hospitals which fail to treat the needy
-Build roads and infrastructure to steal our money ( 40-100%).
And the list is endless…
If the Pakistan Government too provided the above as done by the governments of civilized countries,
why would anyone avoid or evade paying taxes ?
We all know that the entire tax revenue is misappropriated by officials and Politicians ( ref: billions of dollars are lying in foreign banks) .
A Business works at a margin of between 2% to 10% , whereas the government takes 30% of his income to cover its wasteful expenditure. Is it at all fair?
Sirs, That’s why Pakistanis do not want to pay Taxes .
We save our tax money for our necessities , for our old age ,
for our safety and security.
This phenomenon indicates the failure of the Government in discharging its own functions fairly and efficiently.
The Government alone is responsible for this.