Lahore, 16th August: Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood has said that Cambridge International has agreed to review its grading procedures.
According to reports of Baaghi TV, Cambridge has issued the statement regarding the recently declared CIE results for O’ and A’ Levels after an outcry from Pakistani students who felt they were unfairly graded.
“As a result of our intervention conveying the anguish of our students, I have just heard that Cambridge has agreed to review its grading procedure regarding the recently declared results,” Mahmood said in a post on Twitter.
As a result of our intervention conveying the anguish of our students, I have just heard that Cambridge has agreed to review its grading procedure regarding the recently declared results. It will announce its final verdict after review on Tuesday
— Shafqat Mahmood (@Shafqat_Mahmood) August 14, 2020
It is predicted that Cambridge will release its final decision on Tuesday next week.
Earlier this year in May/June Cambridge canceled its final exams for both O levels and A levels and announced that they will be grading students on their predicted grades.
Cambridge accepted that they are acknowledging the statements of all students who have raised their voices against the unfair grading system.
“Since we released our results on August 11, we’ve been listening to the feedback and suggestions from our schools and students. We know schools have been pleased that we were able to provide grades in challenging circumstances,” it said.
It added, “We have also heard your concerns about some aspects of our process, and we understand the real anxieties Cambridge students are facing at the moment. We have been looking carefully at how to act on your feedback, and at the same time make sure schools, universities, and employers continue to trust our qualifications.”
On 18th August Cambridge will reveal whether they will be revising their grades or not.
Stay tuned to Baaghi TV for more updates!