Press Release: On 24 Nov Secretary Aviation and AG will face tough questions in IHC.
On 03 November 2020 Chief Justice Mr Justice Athar Minnallah remarked that practically a very important regulatory without a head is DYSFUNCTIONAL and that the fundamental rights of each and everyone are being abrogated in the country.
Wg Cdr Retd Asim Nawaz, Advocate High Court and CEO, Sky Wings will appear on 24 November 2020 in the court of honorable Chief Justice, IHC and present a broader picture of the the woes of the Aviation Industry in Pakistan as Secretary Aviation and AG have been summoned.
Some of the points which are under question are;
1. CAA working heedlessly with adhoc DG without any Aviation experience for more than two years.
2. Pilot Licenses issue.
This is ridiculous that out of their own failures now CAA wants to get away from it's responsibility and putting the burden on pilots. This will also drain the foreign exchequer.
3. Stoppage of Examinations by CAA since March 2020.
4. Unqualified people on different positions as nepotism prevails.
5. No support to the Aviation businesses but creating unnecessary delays and hurdles in the business.
6. Out sourcing of Examination System to a UK company which will create further financial burden on the students pilots and their parents. A disclosure is not issued by CAA but the vague information suggests that each exam will be charged as UK £90 and students usually appear in 12 exams each. This is ridiculous that out of their own failures now CAA wants to get away from it’s responsibility and putting the burden on pilots. This will also drain the foreign exchequer.
7. Non issuance of business licenses on one pre text or another which creates hindrance in economic activities and in creating jobs.
8. Bifurcation of CAA in Commercial and Regulatory by Aviation Division without a functional head thru Ordinance and to consolidate the control with the help of such ordinance by keeping DG CAA position with secretary aviation.
9. Job losses and business losses in Aviation industry due to the failed implementation of National Aviation Policy 2019.
We as workers of this industry demand the government to appoint a professional Aviation Advisor to PM and a DG CAA from the already completed process on 14 October 2020 but on merit.
Our this struggle is for the aviation industry in the country and it doesn’t have any personal goal or agenda and I hereby totally withdraw my candidacy from any government related position and assure everyone that this fight will continue till the time we revive the industry or go down.
We as workers of this industry demand the government to appoint a professional Aviation Advisor to PM and a DG CAA from the already completed process on 14 October 2020 but on merit. This is the only way we can start a recovery in Aviation Industry else it will continue to bring bad name to the PTI led government the world over.
Stay tuned to Baaghi TV for the latest news, updates and interesting content!