Iraqi Military base attacked by rockets

Lahore, 10th June: Numerous rockets hit the Iraqi military bases hosted by the US-led coalition troops and foreign contractors, but no casualties have been reported.

The Iraqi Joint Operations Command said in a statement on Thursday that the bomber struck shortly after noon time in front of a Baghdad military base, killing three people and wounding another.

A military statement said three rockets were also fired at Balad Air Base, north of the capital, on Wednesday. The base is home to foreign military contractors.

Since the assassination of US-Iranian General Qasim Soleimani in Baghdad in January 2020, there has been an increase in attacks on Iraqi bases, especially those hosting US troops and contractors. The United States has repeatedly accused Iran-backed militants of targeting US forces and interests in Iraq.

More than a dozen rocket attacks since US President Joe Biden took office this year have targeted bases and Baghdad’s strongest green zone. At least 10 people were killed, including two foreign contractors.

Balad Airbase is used by the American company Sally Port to serve F-16 fighter jets and has been repeatedly hit by rocket fire.

Another American company, Lockheed Martin, withdrew its staff from the base last month for the safety of its personnel.

At least three foreign subcontractors and one Iraqi subcontractor have been injured in the attacks.

US forces have been operating in Iraq since the 2003 US-led invasion to oust dictator Saddam Hussein. US troops were present as part of a military coalition set up to fight the Islamic State militant group.

Rocket attacks are seen as a means of pressuring Washington to remove all of its personnel, which Iranian coalition factions see as an occupying force.

Follow Baaghi TV to read all the latest news and updates!

Mega Failure of our Foreign Policy

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.