Johnny Depp says Hollywood is “Boycotting” him
Aug 16, 2021: When Hollywood A-lister Johnny Depp lost a case of libel last year where an article accused the actor of being his wife, he was forced to give up several major projects.
In a recent interview, the Pirates of the Caribbean star now claims that it is being boycotted by the industry. According to Variety Magazine, in a recent interview with the Sunday Times, Depp spoke with members of Hollywood about his behavior and the status of his film Minamata in the United States.
“Some films touch people and this affects those in Minamata and people who experience similar things…And for anything … for Hollywood’s boycott of me? One man, one actor in an unpleasant and messy situation, over the last number of years?” he said.
In Depp’s case, the court ruled that the newspaper had substantiated the content of its article, and the judge found that 12 of the 14 alleged cases of domestic violence had occurred. The Edward Scissorhands star also lost the bid to quash the High Court decision in March this year.
Following the case, the actor was dropped from his Fantastic Best franchise by Warner Bruce and replaced by Maddis McCluson as the evil wizard GrindelWald. Despite being embroiled in controversy, Depp did not give up hope. “I’m moving towards where I need to go to bring things to light,” he added.
In the interview, Depp also called his fall from grace an “absurdity of media mathematics.”
“Whatever I’ve gone through, I’ve gone through,” he continued. “But, ultimately, this particular arena of my life has been so absurd…”
Depp hasn’t lost all of his supporters, it appears. The San Sebastian Film Festival in Spain announced this week it would honor Depp with a lifetime award, while the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in the Czech Republic also said it would celebrate the Pirates of the Caribbean star.
The actor also expressed gratitude to his loyal fans.
Stay tuned to BaaghiTV for latest news and Updates!