Nawaz Sharif gets more time?

The Court has reportedly given former prime minister Nawaz Sharif more time to appear.

The Accountability Court, Lahore, presented a progress report on the declaration of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif as a fugitive. The notice was received on October 9 at the London residence of accused Nawaz Sharif, the report said.

Ex-Trump Pentagon boss Mattis mute on 2020 endorsement

The report said that the reception staff at Nawaz Sharif’s residence refused to accept the warrant, however, notices have also been hung at Nawaz Sharif’s residence in Model Town and Raiwind.

The Lahore accountability court adjourned the hearing on the reference till November 10.

Trump’s teen son caught coronavirus, first lady reveals

Last week, outside the accountability court in Lahore, a notice was issued to declare Nawaz Sharif a fugitive, while the investigating officer was ordered to send a fugitive notice through the Foreign Ministry to London.

Paris goes under curfew as Europe ramps up virus restrictions

It may be recalled that the Islamabad High Court, in Azizia and Avenfield references, had ordered to summon former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif through notice, saying that if Nawaz Sharif did not surrender before the court within 30 days of the advertisement being published. He will be declared a mercenary.

Thailand declares emergency, bans rallies as protests swell

The court had directed the government to bear the cost of the advertisement, which was submitted. A two-member bench headed by Justice Amir Farooq of the Islamabad High Court heard Nawaz Sharif’s appeals.

At UN, Pakistan highlights India’s ‘aggressive’ actions, military buildup

NAB Prosecutor Jahanzeb Bharwana had told the court that the evidence had been recorded and that Nawaz Sharif had deliberately not received warrants, and if the court was satisfied, Nawaz Sharif should be declared a fugitive.

BTS management agency stock doubles on market debut

The court questioned who would bear the cost if the advertisements were to be issued. The NAB prosecutor said that the cost of advertisements would be borne by the state. First Secretary of Pakistan High Commission London Dildar Ali Abro and Consul Attache Rao Abdul Hanan participated through video link. Foreign Office Director Europe Mubashir Khan appeared before the court and recorded the statements.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.