16th November 2020: The NCC agreed on the following measures. These focus on the highest risk activities for spread of COVID-19, while trying to minimize the impact on economic activity.
1. Large gatherings. A ban on all outdoor gatherings of more than 300 persons is to be implemented. The PM announced a moratorium on political gatherings of his own party starting with cancellation of an upcoming event in Rashakai, KPK.
2. Weddings. No indoor events to be allowed; only outdoor events with a maximum of 300 guests will be allowed.
3. Restaurants. Indoor dining will be allowed for the present but will be reviewed after a week. In the meantime, the public is strongly encouraged to use either outdoor dining or takeaway options. This is in view of the high risk of transmission of the virus in closed indoor settings, especially when masks are taken off during eating.
4. Educational Institutions. The option of early/extended winter vacations will be reviewed in a week’s time in consultation with provinces/federating units and federal ministry of education.
5. Reiteration of the need to use masks in all closed and crowded spaces and its enforcement by local authorities as previously decided.
Stay tuned to Baaghi TV for latest news and updates!