Lahore, 23rd March, 2:10, PM: Punjab government has imposed tougher restrictions keeping in view the rise in coronavirus cases.
Baaghi TV: According to reports, a notification has been issued by Punjab Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department to introduce tough restrictions in the province in order to curb the surge of the virus.
Outdoor activities with a maximum of 300 people are allowed till 8 pm. The province also notified closure of all business activities by 8 pm.
The notification stated that public and private offices and court staff will work with 50 per cent of staff.
A meeting of the NCOC was held under the chairmanship of the Federal Minister for Planning Asad Umar in which all the Provincial Chief Secretaries participated through video link.
After the meeting, NCOC imposed more strict measures to curb the spread of COVID-19 cases in the country.
According to the notification issued in this regard, the following measures will be taken:
- Indoor dining will be prohibited.
- All sports, festivals will be banned.
- Shrines, cinemas, parks and music centres will be shut down.
- All indoor activities/marriages will be prohibited.
- Outdoor activities with a maximum of 300 people will be allowed till 8 pm only.
- 50 per cent work from the home policy will be continued.
- Intercity public transport will operate at 50% of capacity.
- Rail service will operate at 70% of capacity.
- Only the shops which are necessary will remain open for 24 hours.
According to Baaghi TV’s reports, the total number of deaths from coronavirus in Pakistan has reached 13,935 and the total number of affected people has reached 633,741.
The number of positive cases of coronavirus in Pakistan is 34,535. Meanwhile, 585,271 people have recovered from COVID-19.
Stay tuned to Baaghi TV to read all the latest news and updates!