Lahore, 11th April: With an alarming increase in the coronavirus cases amid the third wave, Punjab Government has issued special Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to be imposed during Ramadan.
According to Baaghi TV’s reports, fresh SOPs have been issued by Punjab Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department in order to curb the spread of coronavirus pandemic during the holy month of Ramadan.
As per the notification people older than 60 years, children and those suffering from flu, cough and fever should not come to the mosques.
Following SOPs will be implemented during the holy month:
- Prayers in the Mosques and Imambargahs will be offered on the bare floor, no carpet or rug will be allowed to spread.
- Face masks will be obligatory before coming to the mosque and people will refrain from shaking hands or hugging anyone.
- A social distance of 6 feet will be observed between all the individuals inside the mosques.
- People are advised to bring their own prayer mats inside the mosque.
- Taraweeh prayers will be observed within the mosque only.
It is to be noted that 2,628 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours have been reported in Punjab.
According to Punjab’s Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department, 57 more patients lost their lives due to novel coronavirus in the province. The total number of deaths by COVID-19 has reached 6,908.
Stay tuned to Baaghi TV to read all the latest updates!