Lahore, 4th June: The shooting of Tom Cruise’s movie Mission Impossible: 7 got shut down once again due to COVID-19.
According to reports, Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise faces another hitch during the filming of his movie Mission Impossible 7 (MI:7) after some crew members tested positive for the coronavirus.
Paramount Pictures confirmed on Thursday that while filming in Britain for the movie, the shoot has been shut down for two weeks as some people working on the movie contracted the virus.
The movie studio did not reveal who or how many people tested positive, however, Britain’s Sun newspaper confirmed that Tom Cruise is not one of them.
The statement released by Paramount Pictures said, “We have temporarily stopped the production of Mission Impossible 7 until June 14, after some members tested positive for coronavirus during routine tests of the team.”
Meanwhile, Sun newspaper revealed that 14 members of the production team have contracted COVID-19 after shooting a scene at a nightclub. They also said that Tom Cruise and others will have to self-isolate for 14 days now.
It is to be noted that since the last year the shoot of the seventh edition of the movie Mission Impossible halted due to the pandemic.
Earlier, the shoot of MI:7 stopped while filming in Venice in February 2020, when the pandemic took its toll. However, the shooting later resumed in countries including Norway, Italy and Britain in December 2020, when Cruise was caught on audiotape yelling at the crew members for not following the COVID-19 safety protocols.
The film is expected to be released in May 2022.
Follow Baaghi TV to read all the latest news and updates!